Further progress

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Hi Jose, not sure if you are still on this project or moved to something else - the last activity seems to be found more than half a year ago.

I'm still using your core code (and pushing all improvements and bugfixes into my fork), but thats abit difficult to do along: mainly because mainly nobody sees/cares of this fork and because of no feedback. The framework is still very 'alpha' in sense it requires many tuneups and generalizations to be able to use it on different apps.

Do you have any plans on it? Probably there could appear a couple of interested developers (except me) to join forces and help maintain it?

Without this the idea to drop usage of this framework comes to mine mind increasingly (

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:22 AM

The project seems to be dead, I although maintain periodically my branch at:

http://fleux.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/Forks/cail/fleuxdesktop2

The major difference introduced there is win32 support, which allows to use fleux seamless to develop portable apps for both WM and Win32.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Hi Cail,

You are partially right. I wasn't able to get time to invest working on Fleux for almost one year now.

I don't even have the time to merge my latest changes into trunk. But those are all the bad news I think.

The good news is that you're not alone. You're doing a great work and also Gianni Rosa Gallina, who has just published his contribution to the project making it work on Windows CE devices for his award-winning KitchenPal project.

As Windows Mobile is getting abandoned, it seems like Windows, Windows Embedded, and Windows CE might be the natural places for Fleux to continue growing.

With Windows 8 bringing the Metro UI as a massive UX concept everywhere, with co-existing non WinRT apps in desktop mode, this might have a great potential.

I just don't have the time to make it. But I'm sure there are many people like you and Gianni that can continue contributing to the project.

Thanks

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Thanks Jose,

It would be good to merge this branch as well - because my code is also runs on WinCE and my primary efforts are targeted on windows CE device optimizations.

I will check this out.

May 11, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Edited May 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Jose and all who interested,

I've pushed by branch onto github (thats abit easier for me).

The main news I'd like to share is that I have now Fleux running on Android. The code is still in polish, but hope I'll push it soon.

The main idea I'm trying to reach is to use single application UI codebase across all the mobile devices. My app now runs both on Windows and Android - absolutely without any UI and buisness logic code changes.

The plan is to bring WindowsPhone and iphone into this family ;)